Monday, December 5, 2011

FLAT FILE CABINETS

I have been trying to put together my home office for the last few months but am so indecisive that I haven't done a thing! I have finally decided on the storage cabinet I want - a flat file cabinet.

Flat file cabinets are typically used in architect and drafting offices, or art schools but they are perfect for the home, and especially interior designers. All of my samples are tile, wood, fabric, and paint swatches which all need to lay flat. I also have a ton of magazine tear-outs and tear sheets. The flat file cabinet allows me to organize all of my projects by drawer and keep everything visible as the drawers are shallow and don't allow me to pile everything on top of each other.

Flat file cabinets are also perfect for organizing and protecting keepsakes. Many of the metal flat file cabinets are available in fire proof material, so you can feel safe storing all of your kids art work, certificates, awards, diploma, pictures, albums, etc. without getting bent and piled on.

I am still searching for the perfect size, but I am hoping to come across a vintage wood cabinet, or I might even buy the Martha Stewart for Home Decorators cabinet. For the price, it's a great one and it has all 5 star reviews.

I LIKE HOW THEY USED THIS CABINET IN THEIR LIVING ROOM - IT'S PRETTY ENOUGH TO BE A REGULAR FURNITURE PIECE
Remodelista



A GENIUS SMALL SPACE SOLUTION
source: this old house

BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE WOOD CABINET 
(this one was sold on 1st dibs - hope I can find another one just like it)


METAL CABINET WITH WINDOW - ALSO CONSIDERING THIS ONE




VINTAGE ETSY FIND - LOVE IT!
Source: etsy.com via marianne on Pinterest


I LIKE HOW THIS CABINET HAS THE LARGER DRAWERS AT THE BOTTOM
Martha Stewart for Home Decorators


If you already have a flat filing cabinet I would love to hear how you like/dislike it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...