Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SHADES OF LIGHT PULLMAN BATH LIGHT - TRIED + TRUE TUESDAY

Today's product review for our TRIED + TRUE TUESDAY series is the Shades of Light Pullman Bath Light. This light has been such a favorite of mine and client's that I've used it in 2 projects!


THE STATS: Very reasonably priced @ $169 + shipping (my shipping total to UT was $30). Comes in 2 finishes - polished nickel and bronze. Available in a 2 and 4 light version as well. Fixture is 11.25" tall.

Pictures of the Pullman Bath Light installed...

Parley's Creek Dental bathroom

N Street main bathroom
(please excuse the less than fantastic photos)
As you can see, the light in person is exactly as expected! I like the light fixture best in the first picture just because the mirror is better with it and the scale is more appropriate, but I was happy with it in both projects.

OUR REVIEW: + + out of + + +  (pluses are our version of stars). Here's why I only give it 2 pluses instead of 3 - the company. I have been less than thrilled with the customer service of Shades of Light. BOTH times I ordered this light they made me aware at least a week after ordering that the light is BACKORDERED! Seriously? The light was supposed to be in my hands in a week, which in my business deadlines are extremely important, and now they are telling me it won't be here for a month?!! They need to be more aware of their stock and alerting customers BEFORE they buy.

To top it all off, when my light finally arrived for my Parley's Creek Dental office project it was missing a piece that was necessary for installation. When I looked at my receipt in the box I realized they had sent me a returned light without inspecting it first! The receipt in the box wasn't even my receipt - they had just forwarded on a returned Pullman Bath Light. AND when I asked for them to remedy the situation ASAP the best they did for me was to ship the piece UPS Ground, yes Ground, not RUSH. Tsk, tsk Shades of Light. Can you tell how annoyed I am with them?

So, yes, I have loved the light fixture because it's a cute alternative to the typical overhead bath light, but I cannot recommend Shades of Light because of my experience with them. I have yet to find another company who sells the same light, so if you have seen it elsewhere, please let me know!

**UPDATE**
Shades of Light contacted me after seeing this post and not only apologized to me for the less-than-stellar service, but also assured me that they are making changes to their practices to ensure the mistakes and inconveniences that I experienced will no longer happen. I believe they will make these changes, and believe they are worth ordering through. Because of these changes and their very nice email, they have not lost a customer in me.

I hope this review was helpful! And remember, if you are curious about something we have used in a project, send me an email and I will review it for you!


4 comments:

  1. Nice pics. To get more relevant information visit here bathroom remodeling Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on putting two of the 3-light fixtures in my master bath. How is the light they give off? I read a few reviews that said it was a bit dim. Maybe two of them will be ok. Any input would be great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning on putting two of the 3-light fixtures in my master bath. How is the light they give off? I read a few reviews that said it was a bit dim. Maybe two of them will be ok. Any input would be great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...